YAWC supports awareness campaigns that raise the issues facing Indigenous women and their families in Yukon and northern BC, advocate for changes in government and public misperceptions, and celebrate collaboration and successes in doing things differently.
- National Indigenous People's Day - June 21
- Victims & Survivors of Crime Week- May
- Moosehide Campaign - Feb.
- International Human Rights Day - Dec. 10
- National Day of Remembrance & Action on Violence Against Women - Dec. 6
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women - Nov. 25
- Poverty & Homelessness Action Week - Oct.
- Yukon Sisters In Spirit Vigil & Red Dress Campaign - Oct.
- World Suicide Prevention Day - Sept. 10
Photo. John Kennedy, CKRW