YAWC supports awareness campaigns that raise the issues facing Indigenous women and their families in Yukon and northern BC, advocate for changes in government and public misperceptions, and celebrate collaboration and successes in doing things differently.
- Moosehide Campaign - Feb.
- International Women's Day - Mar. 8
- National Indigenous History Month - June
- National Indigenous People's Day - June 21
- Emancipation Day -Aug. 1
- International Day of World's Indigenous Peoples- Aug. 9
- International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and Its Abolition -Aug.18
- World Humanitarian Day -Aug.19
- International Day Commemorating the Victims of Acts of Violence Based on Religion or Belief -Aug. 22
- World Suicide Prevention Day - Sept. 10
- National Day for Truth and Reconciliation - Sept. 30
- Poverty & Homelessness Action Week - Oct.
- Yukon Sisters In Spirit Vigil & Red Dress Campaign - Oct.4th
- Victims & Survivors of Crime Week- Nov
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women - Nov. 25
- National Day of Remembrance & Action on Violence Against Women - Dec. 6
Photo. John Kennedy, CKRW