YAWC strives to promote, model, and employ learning, development opportunities, and social innovations that embody decolonization, healing from trauma, wellness, cultural protection, and assembly, in support of reconciliation and self-determination for and of Indigenous women, girls and gender diverse peoples.
- Indigenous Skills, Employment & Training (ISET) Program
- We Can Cook! Project
- Lifeskills to Leadership Employment Training Project
- Medicine from the Land Teaching Modules Project
Yukon Scholarships & Awards
There are many grants available to support clientele in short- and long-term education and training programs. To learn more, visit Yukon Government’s education page for a list of Yukon Scholarships & Awards.
Indspire provides financial support for Indigenous students across Canada to help them in completing their post-secondary education. Since 2004, Indspire has awarded over $115 Million to more than 37,500 students.
NIB Trust Fund
NIB Trust supports education programs aimed at healing, reconciliation, and knowledge building. The goal of the NIB Trust Fund to help First Nations and Métis people, organizations, and communities address the long-lasting impacts of the Indian Residential Schools system, and to support education programs aimed at healing and reconciliation over many years.
Training & Employment Development Support
- Boys and Girls Club of Yukon - A safe and supportive place where children and youth can experience new opportunities, overcome barriers, build positive relationships and develop confidence and skills for life through personal and social development programs. For more information call (867) 393-2824 or click here.
- Canada Revenue Agency - Tax assessments, benefits, and services.
- Charity Village – Online training for NGOs - Online resource for recruiting, news and how-to-information.
- däna Näye Ventures - Yukon-based, business entrepreneurship training, development, and financial services to Yukon and northern BC residents. For more information call Toll-Free 1-800-661-0448 or click here.For COVID-19 emergency relief program for Indigenous business owners through the Indigenous Business Stabilization program click here.
- Employment Central- Free services for job seekers & Yukon job board - For free help with resume writing, interview assistance, career counselling, and more call (867) 393-8270.
- Skookum Jim Friendship Centre – Contact the Youth Employment Centre for job search resources, career development workshops and computer lab. Call (867) 633-7680.
- Volunteer Benevoles Yukon - Online & in Whitehorse training for NGOs. Call (867) 456-4304.
- Western U Centre for Research & Education on Violence Against Women & Children – Free webinars and other resources.
- Whitehorse Individual Learning Centre - Self-paced and supportive program to help students complete their high school diploma. For more information call (867) 667-8288 or click here.
- Yukon Government Apprenticeship Program - Discover more on getting started as an apprentice, supports, and how to apply to the program. For more information visit Yukon.ca
- Yukon Learn Society - Free adult computer courses and literacy & numeracy training in Whitehorse.
Call Toll-Free 1-888-668-6280.
- Yukon University - Investment Readiness Training Program helps develop interest and participation in a growing investment culture for entrepreneurs and investors in the territory. For program details visit YukonU.
- Yukon Women in Trades & Technology (YWITT) - Young women exploring trades activities. YWITT facilitates eight weeks of after-school, skilled trades sessions each term.For more information call (867) 667-4441.
- Youth Achievement Centre - Day and after-school programs for youth-at-risk and young people in the youth justice system. Call Toll-Free 1-800-661-0408 ext. 3759.
- Yuwin- Visit the Yukon job boardto find job postings in Yukon.
YAWC staff help clientele by meeting them where they are at in life and supporting them in developing their learning and employmnent plans. Contact us today!