The Yukon First Nations Culture and Tourism Association (YFNCT), in partnership with Yukonstruct, have developed a business development program for Indigenous tourism entrepreneurs.
The Strengthening Indigenous Tourism: Business Bootcamp is a 12-week program available to First Nations tourism businesses in the early stage of development to improve their business skills in an effort to harness the potential of the Indigenous tourism sector. This an opportunity for potential Indigenous entrepreneurs to bring their tourism business ideas or passions in and explore how to bring it to life. Those who are already in operation will gain business expertise to bring them to the next level, including learning about the tourism market, how to meet demand, building a team, raising capital, business basics, and more.
Indigenous cultural tourism is a growing sector of the tourism industry in the Yukon and Canada. There is currently a high demand for authentic Indigenous experiences in the territory and significant opportunities for Yukon First Nations entrepreneurs to develop businesses that focus on sharing cultural experiences with visitors.
The Indigenous Tourism Business bootcamp is right for you if:
- You have an idea for a tourism business that you are passionate about but you have no idea how to bring it to life in the business world
- You need the business expertise to get you to the next level
- Your business is operating but you still need to understand where you fit in the market, and how to meet the demand
- You know you need support around building a team, raising capital, and business basics
- You are Indigenous
Key objectives of the Business Bootcamp:
- Connect you to a supportive network of mentors and access to a community of dynamic entrepreneurs
- Inspire and inform you with engaging industry leading speakers
- Deliver training and mentorship that will equip you with the skills and knowledge needed to prepare you to bring your idea to life
- Teach you how to attract the capital you need to take you idea to the next level
What will you get?
12 week online Bootcamp program
- Our online training modules and weekly virtual sessions will go deep into topics like customer discovery, sales strategy, marketing, pitching, and much more.
Specialized guest speaker sessions
- An impressive lineup of industry-leading guest speakers who will share their knowledge and expertise in areas such as sales & marketing, capital, legal, finance, team & recruitment, not to mention founders who understand your current journey.
Introductions to Yukon’s Business Community
- Taking part in the Bootcamp will connect you to potential partners, investors, funding opportunities, business services, and a dynamic community of fellow entrepreneurs.
Program Graduation and Pitch Night
- An opportunity to pitch your startup to an audience of stakeholders, investors and fellow entrepreneurs.
Initial Review of Applicants: Aug. 20th, 2021
Application Deadline: Aug 24th, 2021
Start Date: Sept. 7th, 2021
Schedule: Tuesday evenings 5-8pm + Saturdays 10am - 2:30pm
Duration: 3 months
Pricing: $500 - if cost is a barrier, please contact: Cat@yukonstruct.com
To apply for this bootcamp, or to book a free consultation with the program facilitator, email Cat@yukonstruct.com
Not ready for this bootcamp yet but are looking for funding for training, thinking about starting a new career path or entrepreneurship support?
Contact our ISET Program Coordinator
Sue Christianson, ISET Program Coordinator
Phone: (867) 667-6162 ext. 1001 | Toll Free: 1-866-667-6162
Sue meets clients where they are at in their personal and professional development journey. She will:
Discover these incredible individuals creating a bright future with support from the ISET program.