The Administrative assistant provides front-desk services and administrative support to the different departments.
This position is responsible for performing reception duties, administrative, clerical and logistical support to the Executive director and Program Coordinators:
- Creates a welcoming environment by greeting guests, answering phone calls, directing visitors, and taking messages for employees
- Organizes and files company documents either electronically or with a paper filing system
- Provides support for team members
- Run errands when needed
- Offers program support service
- Works well within a team-based and fast paced work environment
- Grade 12, and coursework in office administration.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and a minimum of three years of experience working in an office setting, preferably in a First Nations environment
Other required skills & abilities:
- Computer proficiency with Windows & Microsoft Office Suite & other technology
- Strong administration, clerical and reception skills including: public liaison, phone protocol, typing, copying, filing and records management/retrieval systems
- Good office management skills, including: planning, organizing, time management, multi-tasking, ability to prioritize and meet critical deadlines
- Ability to lift up to 50 Lbs
Conditions of Employment:
- Completion of an acceptable criminal records check
- Valid Yukon class 5 driver’s license; personal vehicle is an asset
- Ability to demonstrate/maintain a healthy lifestyle
- Willingness to work the occasional irregular hours which may include weekends or evenings
Salary: $52,000.00 - $56,160.00 per annum depending on experience
Closing Date: Until filled
Please submit your resume and cover letter to via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Yukon First Nations preferential hiring policy is applicable.
Please indicate your First Nation affiliation on your resume or cover letter to be eligible
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.