ISET – Indigenous Skills and Employment Training Program
This program is designed to assist self-identified Indigenous women and two-spirited people who are residents of Yukon, to obtain the necessary skills to find, obtain and maintain employment.
Through ISET, the Native Women’s Association of Canada (NWAC) delivers employment and training services for Aboriginal women across Canada through provincial affiliates and special projects. YAWC has partnered with NWAC to deliver employment and training services so that Aboriginal women have the opportunity to gain meaningful and sustainable work by meeting current labour market demands.
- Residents of Yukon
- Indigenous women and two-spirited people (First Nation, Inuit, and Métis)
- Fifteen (15) years of age or older.
- Unemployed, under-employed, or able to demonstrate an immediate risk of being unemployed
- Eligible for a maximum of 2 years of funding.
- Individual Training Purchase (ITP) assists clients in obtaining the skills they need for employment. The ITP provides clients with financial assistance to help pay for the costs of skills training courses, programs or supplies.
- Job Creation Partnership (JCP) offers clients a paid work placement experience to improve their long-term employment prospects. The JCP provides funding to employers to help bring on a client for a unique work experience tailored specifically to that individual’s skill set, education and previous work experience.
- Group Training/Special Projects provide funding to support training opportunities for employment skills and work experience through community based projects, focused on regional priorities.
- Targeted Wage Subsidy (TWS) offers temporary wage subsidies to employers as an incentive to hire individuals who require on-the-job training or have marginal work experience. The TWS provides funding to off-set the cost of a client wages.
- Self-Employment Benefit (SEB) program provides financial support to clients pursuing self-employment. Consideration is made for expenses related to start-up costs including the development of business plans.
If you are interested in applying for the ISET program please contact Sue Christianson, ISET Coordinator at (867) 667-6162, toll free 1-866-667-6162, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit office at 407 Black St. in Whitehorse.