National Inquiry into Yukon Murdered and Missing Indigenous Women and Girls
The Yukon MMIWG logo was created by Janelle Richardson. She is a graphic designer, specializing in digital art. She is a member of the Little Salmon Carmacks First Nation and was born in Whitehorse, Y.T.to the parents Dorothy Washpan and Alvin Washpan.
Janelle was separated from her other 4 sisters who were all part of the 60’s scoop era. She currently resides in the State of Georgia where she earned a Bachelors.
Her youngest sister Tina Washpan a.k.a. Cindy Burke was one of the MMIWG of the Yukon. She dedicates this logo to her sister Tina, whom she never had the opportunity to meet, but will forever be in Janelle’s heart.
Looking for Aftercare Support?
Click to learn more about The National Inquiry Aftercare Support. You are eligible for aftercare support if you are registered with the National Inquiry and have shared your truth in the Truth Gathering process. Learn more
Support is available for family members of missing or murdered Indigenous women or girls
Are you searching for information on your loved one’s case? The Family Information Liaison Unit (FILU) can help you find out information and provide support.
FILU can help by
… gathering information on your behalf
- We can request official information and records from the police, coroner, court, government agencies and others from across Canada.
• We will try to explain why certain records may be unavailable.
… supporting you at meetings
- We can arrange meetings with agencies and be there for you.
… walking with you through the legal process
- If your loved one’s case is still under investigation or in the court system, we can help you navigate the process.
• We can attend court with you and make sure you understand what is going on.
• We can provide regular updates from courts, police and corrections.
… providing emotional support
- We honour your loved one and know this is a very difficult time.
• We can provide emotional support or we can refer you to others – like counselors and Elders – to help you on your healing journey.
Toll free: 1-800-661-0408 ext. 7178
Want to learn more about MMIWG in Yukon?
If you are a family member of MMIWG, please contact us about healing camps and resources for families including counseling, wellness, and sharing circles. Call us today at 667-6162 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Contact Us